Saturday, September 6, 2014

DIY: Eyeshadow Palette

As much as I love and I mean LOVE loose pigment eyeshadows, they are messy. I've seen this tutorial before on other blogs and youtube and I have several samples from Debbie at Fireworks Cosmetics (Free samples in every order) and some L.A. Colors Shimmers eyeshadows as well, so I decided to do my own.

Supplies you will need:

*Empty Eyeshadow palette (Mine was a few dollars on Ebay, Click Here)
*A quarter
*Mixing tool
*Little container to mix in
*Loose pigments
* 91% running Alcohol
* Paper towels/ scrap fabric
* A dropper (optional, but helpful)
* A old bath towel to help with the mess


Step 1)
Start with enough pigment to fill the bottom of the container you are working with and add more as you need, If you have a dropper, fill it with your alcohol and add drops, 1 at a time and mix. You are looking for a thick paste consistency. 


Step 2) Use your mixing tool to scoop out enough to fill your pan to the top & level it out the best you can.


Step 3) Place your paper towel over your pan and place on top. Push your quarter firmly in the pan. This drawls out the excess alcohol. Move to a fresh section of towel and repeat.


Step 4) Once your paper towel stops absorbing alcohol, Place back in palette.


Step 5) Repeat until you have your palette filled and allow to dry overnight

This DIY was fun and messy and super easy. My 5 year old son helped me with the blue, green & gold, because naturally the other colors are for girls. Sometimes you just need to have a little fun and a lot of mess. I'm happy in the end product and feel I will use these colors more now.  





No comments:

Post a Comment